AboutLuke's StoryLuke 1:37 MinistriesPhotobucket

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Faith...It's About a Personal Relationship

Kristin and I are still rejoicing from Luke's Celebration Service. We have had several people tell us they have not felt the presence of the Lord like that in a long time. I will be honest...it was thick! We prayed for the Holy Spirit to move...and He did.

A lot of people have asked how I had the courage to sing...again, it was the Spirit. There was never a doubt in my mind that I would not sing for Luke and for God. The biggest part of my ministry is my music, it's how I give all I have to the Lord, and it's the best way for me to exalt His name. I will say though, when Leah and I were singing I Will Rise and I looked over and saw Kristin standing and praising I almost lost it. Not because I was sad, but because my wife is awesome! She knows how to praise God when everything is going great in life, but more importantly she knows how to praise Him when everything seems to be falling apart as well.

Faith has been the topic of every conversation that we have had with people. Some say they don't know how we have that much faith. Others say they wish they had the faith we have. Several have said they hope to have that much faith some day. Folks, it's easy. Faith is not something you have to study about and be a Christian for X number of years to get...it's about trusting and believing! When you trust and believe that God is in complete control and that no matter what happens you will praise Him, you've got it! You may not always understand, there may be times when you are angry or sad, but you still have to trust and believe. But even further, it's so much more than saying, "I love you God, I know you are in control," it's about having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ! John 14:6 says, "I am the way, and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." There is no other way to get to Heaven than through that relationship...either you have it or you don't. The GREAT news is that it is available to everyone! When you open your heart to that relationship, you will then realize that your faith has grown much stronger. There are many Christians that go to church every Sunday that still do not have the full relationship that is available to them...don't be one of those Christians, don't miss your blessings!

I am not sure why I went on the rant tonight, but the Lord said keep typing...I'm thinking there are people reading the blog that needed to hear it.

As Kristin and I continue to try and clear our minds and halfway make sense of what we have experienced the last several weeks, the Lord is still speaking to us. He continues to reveal areas in which He wants us to minister and we keep seeking His guidance. As hurt as we are to not have our little boy with us, we are excited to see where God is taking us.

Continue to pray for us. One thing specifically to pray for is that our appointment with the geneticists in a couple weeks goes well. We know the Lord is going to bless us with more beautiful babies, but we are scheduling an appointment to make sure that HLHS, and all the other complexes in Luke, are not hereditary. Our doctors tell us not to worry, but we want to make sure and clear that from our mind before we decide it's time to turn the Sexton 3 into the Sexton 4...not soon, but in due time.

Have a great week people!

Luke 1:37

-- Benson

9 comments:

  1. Thinking of you all this morning. Praying for good days and peace for you all. Love you bunches! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen Husk said ...

    I am continuing to pray for you as you are resting, healing and going through emotions that I can't even begin to imagine. My heart still breaks for you and I still cry tears for you. I heard from Vicky that your Celebration of Luke's life was amazingly beautiful! Somehow, from what little I know of you two, just from reading your blogs ... that's what I expected it to be! I feel honored and humbled to have been able to be a part of this journey. Again, I'll tell you that my life has been changed and my heart deeply touched. Luke's life certainly touched so many people and I know that God has been glorified! I will pray that the complications that Luke had are not hereditary and that you get a great report when you see the geneticists soon. Will be waiting to read that you get a GREAT report from them. God Bless. Have a great week, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am continuing to pray for you and Kristin, as well as the Luke 1:37 Ministry. Thank you for this today, I am one of those that needed to hear it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. God Bless you both! I'm so in love with your positive attitude towards life, each other, and of course your faith in Jesus! This blog has certainly touched me as so many of your others have! I'm smiling as I write this because I know what precious people you all both are and I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for you guys!
    Love, Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Sextons are a true inspiration! Thoughts and prayers continue for the Sexton 3.

    Love,
    ATW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Benson & Kristin - I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you guys. My husband and I were were in yall's same shoes a month ago as our baby boy went to Heaven at 12 days old. He was also a heart baby. Stay strong! You guys are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your strong faith and words. I really needed to hear them and I feel I have grown closer to my lord and savior through this journey with you. Praying for you. Love in Christ, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...what a way to start my day! I read the post and I told my husband....I want to meet these people! May God continue to bless you as you use your loss for His glory! I hear there are Luke 1:37 shirts now.... Where do I get one! Blessings, Misty Goley

    ReplyDelete
  9. You amaze me! In your time of need & still reaching out to others!! You & Kristin are such a blessing! I will be praying for a good report!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comment - don't forget to leave your name so we know who its from!