AboutLuke's StoryLuke 1:37 MinistriesPhotobucket

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

He Has a Name!

Yesterday was a HUGE day in the Sexton house. We finally arrived at a name for our son. Honestly, I thought he would not have a name until he was born. It wasn’t that we couldn’t find a name we liked, but that we had several that we really liked! However, atop all lists from day one was one name, Luke Aaron Sexton.

God gave me a verse last week and when I read it I was amazed. Luke 1:37 says, “For nothing is impossible with God.” I shared the verse with Kristin and we left it at that. Yesterday Kristin called me and said that she had prayed over the verse all morning and she knew 110% that our baby should be named Luke.

Let me break it down for you: God chose a man named Luke to spread His message and the life of Christ. Luke will be our 1st son. The pediatric cardiologist informed us that they will induce Kristin at 37 weeks. Is this cool or what???? However, it gets better! Luke 1:37 is referring to where the Angel of the Most High God is speaking with Mary about the conception of Jesus Christ. What a miracle!

Now, we are definitely not saying that our son is Jesus but we are saying that God still works miracles just the same. He gave me that verse and everything about it lines up with our situation. So, since Luke has been on top of our list from day one, and God has chosen to use that verse to comfort us in time of fear and anxiety, our son’s name will be Luke Aaron.

Also, you can’t spell Luke without UK!

Give God praise for the miracles in your life! They are all around you; all you have to do is take the time to see them!

-- Benson

1 comment:

  1. such a beautiful way to name your child--and I believe that God will definitely use your story to bring glory to His name! I'm a blog friend of Erin and am passing on the prayer request on my blog as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comment - don't forget to leave your name so we know who its from!